Sunday, January 03, 2010

Other people's shoes

Yay! Today was a Sunday so I was off work. That sounds like a good time to write right? Well, no, I didn't. I came up with ideas, and I wrote those down, but it is now 9:52 pm and have not added anything to the story. I am planning on adding at least some before going to bed, when my laptop batery runs out. Oh yea, have I mentioned? My charger broke so I have to charge my laptop only when my boyfriend comes over and brings his charger. Luckily we have the same laptop so this works enough for now.
Either way, today something happened to my friend and she was very sad about it. I told her that although it hurts now, it happened for a reason, and it might lead to something better for her.
After telling her this, I felt like such a hypocrite. It's easy to say this to people when it's not happening to you, but if I had been the one affected, being told that my pain is might be justified won't help me. As true as that is, if I feel hurt, I am worried about the now.
But what would you have to say to someone to actually make a difference when they're feeling sad? I guess it depends on the situation, I don't think I've ever had the gift of being able to make someone feel better :-(
What I usually try to do is to treat people the way I would like to be treated. I try putting myself in other people's shoes, but that doesn't always work for me. everybody is different, but I do try, and I think that's the first step.
Well, I'll try to get to pen and paper now. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. First....Oh And Yay Me Again....I'm Not Egocentric 8~P

    ReplyDelete