Saturday, January 02, 2010

Ideas, Ideas

I've just noticed that I am starting this right at the start of a new year. How cool! But this is not a new year's resolution, I started thinking of getting serious about writing last week when I kept looking around for a job that would be perfect for me, with no patients being mean to me because we don't take their insurance.
No, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I did at one point, I would make a list and be very serious about it...for about a week.
I've discovered that the start of a new year is not the only time to set goals, but if you have something you want to do, there is no need to wait until the new year (I'm actually still trying to figure out why people don't know this). For example, in October I decided I was going to actually lose weight, and I have! Not much, but I'm in no hurry, I've been heavier than I would like for too long, and I don't care how long it takes as long as I get there.
Now for this writing thing, I got very excited when I arrived at the conclusion that has always been in the back of my mind. I'll give a shot to writing.
Yesterday I spent all day trying to find inspiration. The start to any story is, well, the story. Up until last night I had no idea what I was going to write about, but then small ideas started to form slowly in my head, in fact, they were forming so slowly I was up until 4am, brain buzzing with ideas. I will not be posting what those ideas might be, as I might change my mind. I'm not inclined to do so now, but Roald Dahl's advice to people like me is to be willing to work very hard, and to never stop fixing your work until you are satisfied with it, that you have to be a perfectionist, and luckily, I am!
I had also come with a tittle. It seemed like such a good tittle in my sleepy state and excited disposition, but in the light of day, when I though about it, it actually seemed like a lame tittle.
After much prodding I told it to my boyfriend, and he disagreed, it wasn't a lame tittle, but he smartly pointed out that it was way too similar a tittle to a certain well-known series that I do not particularly enjoy and is in no way related to the story I have in mind, so now, I have to come up with a new tittle.
Oh well back to work, bye!

1 comment: