Thursday, January 07, 2010

Positive Attitude

Today was supposed to be my day off, but I had to work. Correction, I chose to work. I only worked for 5 hours. I need money, especially this month. I'm trying to register for classes next week and I have to save as much as I can to be able to make the payment. I can only afford three classes this semester, but that is a lot better than last semester. Last semester I couldn't afford to go to take the classes I wanted at school. It's a very bad feeling. I really want to finish school, but now I've found out that even though I'm still going to be an optometrist I'm not going to be happy doing that for a living, but it is the second thing that interests me the most, right after writing.
Either way, I am still amazed at how much nicer I have been to patients lately. I'm not even trying. It just comes. Eve to this very unfriendly lady today I was smiley and polite and completely ignoring her attitude. I wonder how long this will last. I get this feeling when I am reading a very absorbing book. Except I only feel this way while reading, and I end up resenting having to work because I am forced to put the book down and go back to work.
And while creating a story of my own, I am either writing or thinking about writing, which makes me equally happy.
I never realized what having positive energy can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment