Saturday, January 02, 2010

In my head

I don't know if anybody will read this, but that's ok for now. I'm doing this for me. Why? I need a distraction. I am tired of complaining, and I am tired of not liking what I do. I thought I wanted to be an optometrist, but after one year and a half of working at one's office, I have found that might no be the path for me.
Yes, I find the whole science of it interesting, but honestly, the thing that has made me change my mind is people.
In high school I lived in this world of my creation; just because I'm nice, so is everyone else. I have been sadly disappointed. I've found a lot of people to be rude and misunderstanding. Maybe I'm just anti-social, but maybe not. I like some people, I like a lot of people. I still have hope that there are good people out there, and that they outnumber the bad ones, I just haven't been lucky enough to meet them yet.
I love reading, and I've always loved writing, but I've never done it for other people. I think that writing, be it fiction or real, is like putting a bit of yourself into paper. It is very private and so I have never let anyone read what I write, but I've decided I should put my soul out there. Why should I be scared, maybe someone will be interesred in what I have to say.
Writing is an escape. After a bad day at work, I can create a world that's my own, and as long as I'm writing, I live in that world.
No wonder Tolkien created such complex worlds in his books. His soul lived in them, and it didn't matter that the second world war was going on around him, he had an escape.
Now, I am no genius like Tolkien, I don't have his endless imagination, or J.K Rowling's wit, or Dicken's talent, but I do want to escape, and the world I create is the best place to go. I make the rules, and nobody can touch me unless I let them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment