Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My new unexpected lesson

This semester I I'm taking an Acting I class as an elective. I chose it because I figured it would help maybe come out of my shell at least a little bit. Today on only the second class, I got an idea.
Me and a group of another 4 kids had to act out a scene. The first time we did we only did what the teacher told us to do verbatim, then he told us a little bit about the character we were suppossed to be playing, and when we did it again there was huge change in the scene. We knew a little bit more about what to say, or how to react to the other characters' lines.
This got me thnking. What if I start small?
What if I first create a character? And get to know this character?
Maybe I'll identify better.
Then I could add the story, and then other characters. Maybe the story will flow better if I try to become the character rather than be the puppeteer.
I'll give that a try, see how it works out. I just wish I had more time to wrote. I seriously have not in a WHILE. Not even the required page a day. This is why I never get anything done. I'm always too "busy".
Doing what? Twitter? I have got to get my priorities straight.
OK
Gives me hope story for the day
Good night

1 comment:

  1. "time to wrote" i know i cant spell but still I'm not allowed to say "WHO DAT!!!"

    ReplyDelete