Monday, January 11, 2010

Not Sick Anymore...

Hi. I've been sick all weekend, and now coming into Monday I'm still sick, but I can't afford to miss work, so here I am.
I was trying very hard not to be rude to patients because I figured "Hey, I'm sick, I don't have to put up with you, and I don't have to be extra nice to you" But I logged into here this morning and I saw that Gaby Montero is following my blog. I got so excited. She has truly made my day. I even feel better now. I guess what my mom is always telling me about having a positive disposition being good for your health is true. Just one more reason why I really should listen to my mom. She seems to be right most of the time... Who would've thought? Ha!
I have to wait until the end of the day to publish, because I think the morning is too early a time to choose just one GMH story.
But I'm glad I started doing this. Since I last posted my sister started reading GMH stories, and I think the fact that I kept reading all the ones that made me go "aww!" to her helped too, now she keeps sending me stories she likes. ;-)
As far as writing goes, I suck :-(. I haven't written anything since Friday. I wrote a note on the top of the page, "Writing the beginning of a story is just as boring as reading it" Has that ever happened to you? the first about 20 pages of a book are usually the most boring, but they are necessary for setting up the story. I still within the set up, and I am not doing so good. I have the main plot of the story, but I have just started and introducing the characters, the situation, the places has me stumped.
Maybe I should try to write a story with a less boring set up. J.K. Rowling did it. I used to hate Harry Potter and my brother made me read the first chapter of Sorcerer's Stone and I was hooked. I didn't want to give the book back to him. Now he blames himself for me and my sister's Harry Potter obsession.
It would be hard to do it, but that's the good thing about it. It would keep me occupied, a challenge, and that's what keeps me happy.
I love this Give Me Hope story. It's so cute and sweet:
"A few years ago, my dad noticed a tiny, skinny kitten in an alley behind a store. Even though that store is over 40 miles from our house, my dad drove there every few days to put out food for the kitten. After a few months, he finally earned her trust and managed to catch her.
She is now a happy, plump house cat. My dad's kindness GMH."

No comments:

Post a Comment